"Yass Gorge, stretching from Flat Rock Crossing to the Yass Dam wall, is a wonderful natural treasure in the middle of Yass and an ideal place to visit and learn about the geology, the Traditional Ngunnawal owners, rare native plants and animals and much more. Work is being undertaken to restore the Gorge to its original vegetation and habitat values - this is a work in progress"
- From the introduction of 'Welcome to Yass Gorge, by Geoff Robertson and Ryl Parker
Want to find out more?
- Follow the Friends of Yass Gorge Facebook page
- Geoff Robertson & Ryl Parker 'Welcome to our Yass Gorge', K2C Incorporated.
- Yass Valley Council's Plan of Management for Yass Gorge 2017-2027.
- 'Thinking globally, acting locally this World Environment Day', Yass Tribune, 5th June 2020.
- Check out some photos from the 'Yass River Restoration Walk with Dreamtime Connections' event, held on Sunday 21st May 2023.
Other projects on the Yass River