We encourage other people interested in understanding the nature and impact of change climate in your local area, or undertaking similar plantings or projects to refer to the following guides to begin with and then the YAN CRR project documents.
- Climate Ready Vegetation Guide: https://www.anpc.asn.au/climate-ready-revegetation/
- NSW Government Regional Climate Snapshots and Future Climate Projections: https://www.climatechange.environment.nsw.gov.au/my-region
- Australian Bureau of Meterology Regional Climate Guides (recent trends in regional climates): http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/climate-guides/
- NSW Flora Ecological Niche Finder – find the ecological range of your favourite plant (TIP: you can search for "Yass Valley" to see a list of local species)
- Macquarie University Biodiversity and climate change online toolsPlease refer to the full report above for more detailed reference list.
- A report describing the work that the project has undertaken including the rationale for the admixture provenance strategy and design of the trial (30+ pages and appendices): download Parts 1-4 and contact us for copies of Part 5 and the appendices;
- A 1-page overview of the project design and outcomes is available here;
- A 3-page summary of the project is available here;
- A table summarising the 80+ species analysed and the level of climate tolerance for the projected future climate of the Yass Valley - contact us for a copy;
- The working appendices that accompany the report, including procedures for undertaking climate tolerance and provenance analysis - contact us for a copy;
- The current list of plants grown by the YAN Nurseries is also available here.
Contact us if you’d like to discuss the project, offer support to continue this work (we always need more seed for the nurseries, funding, resources and volunteers), seek advice, or request a guest speaker to share our learning and experience.